Special Operations Agent IAD/BWI
|Title:||Special Operations Agent IAD/BWI|
Special Operations Agent
Washington Dulles International Airport/Baltimore–Washington International Airport
Status:On Call Per-Diem
The position of Special Operations Security Agent requires a candidate that has experience in the field of operations in security. While providing security for fixed assets or personnel, the agent must posses the knowledge and ability to complete a multitude of roles in an operation.
Job Assignments will include, but not limited to:
- Hi-Value Cargo Security- Static security of containers and/or palates with items of high importance or value.
- Hi-Value Cargo Movements- Mobile security of containers and/or palates with items of high importance or value. This includes screening packages to ensure integrity has not been breached and package is ready for transport to/from airport. Agents are responsible for tracking package, screening drivers/delivery personnel and ensuring safety of package at all times during our possession.
- Event Security- Provide access control as well as ensure the safety of client and guests during event.
- Airline Security- Provide static and mobile security for Aircraft while on ground under Global possession. Screening anyone who approaches Aircraft and recording a description of events and personnel in the event of an emergency.
- Escort Security- Provide mobile escort duties for personnel in and outside airport Areas of Operations.
- BST-Provide screening of passengers and luggage on private chartered transportation in lieu of TSA
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- As per FAA regulations, all BST agents must be US citizens;
- 2 years of security related experience
- Must have the 8 Hour Pre Assignment Certificate (please include on resume);
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.;
- Must be able to pass a 10 year verifiable background check, including criminal, employment, education, and personal references;
- Must possess clean and valid State issued Driver’s License
- Must be able to pass a Security Threat Assessment as administered by the Transportation Security Administration;
- Must be able to pass a Security Background Check as administered by U.S. Customs and Border Patrol;
- Must be able to pass all initial training classes and exams.
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing requirements for Security Officers.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands):
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Knowledge of or ability to learn security operations and procedures;
- Ability to follow directions as instructed by supervisors or managers;
- Ability to communicate effectively in written, oral, or diagrammatic form;
- Ability to be an effective team member;
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances;
- Courteous telephone manner;
- Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment and organization;
- Ability to write logs and reports on a regular basis;
- Ability to provide high quality customer service;
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures;
- Ability to maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
Law Enforcement or Military experience a plus!
- May be exposed to stressful situations, such as challenging individuals who are in or approaching an unauthorized area;
- May be required to work overtime with or without advanced notice;
- Frequent standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time;
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 90 pounds;
- May be required to use vehicle in the performance of duties;
- Depending upon assignment may be exposed to inclement weather or be required to work in environments or under conditions that require the use of protective gear and devices and/or awareness of personal safety and safety of others;
- May be exposed to or required to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- May be required to stand up to 10 hours
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications