The General Manager for this Aviation Security Company has the overall responsibility for all station activities in and around IAD and will ensure that all functions are performed in a consistent manner with agreed procedures and protocol and in accordance with client standards, company procedures and Federal, State and local regulations.
DUTIES (The position may not include all the duties listed, nor do the examples cover all the duties which may be performed.)
- Manages, directs, plans, organizes and coordinates the day-to-day operational activity administration and staffing.
- Ensure staff functions are in compliance with all applicable regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for station staffing and development of manpower schedules.
- Evaluate station attendance and performance deficiencies and administer corrective measures in accordance with Human Resources policies.
- The Manager will administer payroll reporting within the established guidelines and deadlines.
- The Manager will be responsible to ensure cost effective measures are administered at the station.
- Prepare and report daily client/shift reports, log entries; analyze and review operational activity, incident reports. Responsible for station compliance relating to all reporting procedures.
- Administer procedural changes and ensure they are communicated effectively and efficiently with staff.
- Conduct daily briefings and staff meetings.
- Identify and coordinate with the Training Department all training and re-training requirements of station personnel.
- Responsible for the safeguarding of all company equipment and vehicles.
Will be responsible for client liaison and business development at IAD.
The General Manager is responsible for management of contracted functions and activities and ensures effective management of the day to day operations at the airport. Reports directly to the Manager of Aviation Operations. Business Development activities will ensure revenue growth of the station.
- Knowledge of effective management, supervisory principles and practices.
- Ability to develop and manage manpower schedules and forecasting.
- Ability to relate effectively with employees, air carrier employees, airport agencies.
- Ability to express oneself clearly, concisely and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Competency Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 2 years experience in Airport Operations / Airline Operations or Aviation Security regulations
- Ability to analyze and evaluate problems, to make appropriate recommendations and to take appropriate courses of action.
- Ability to establish and maintain systems and procedures.
- Excellent organizational and multi tasking abilities