Customer Service Agents - JFK
|Title:||Customer Service Agents - JFK|
DescriptionJOB TITLE: CUSTOMER SERVICE FIELD AGENT
LOCATION: JFK International Airport, Jamaica, NY
HOURS: Part Time, MORNING SHIFTS. Flexible schedule required, split shifts are common.
SALARY: Hourly Wage
JOB DESCRIPTION: Working in conjunction with local airline, and governmental agencies, Passenger Verification Agents provide a safety & security presence to our client airlines at local airports. This position requires employees to be vigilant of their surroundings; attention to detail, ability to work in noisy environments; ability to work non-standard shifts and possession of valid state security guard license
The responsibility of the Verification Agents is to conduct primary passenger and document verification at the check-in counter. The purpose of verification is to ensure that passengers are in possession of valid tickets and travel documentation for their intended destination. Agents must have professional demeanor and ability to communicate effectively with passengers who may be impatient or angry. This position requires pervious experience in customer service and a professional personality.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States;
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.;
- Must be able to pass all background checks to obtain a Port Authority SIDA Badge as well as Customs & Border Protection access.
- Must possess valid State issued Driver’s License OR a valid State Issued I.D. card;
- Must be able to pass all initial training classes and exams;
- Must be willing to apply for NYS Security Guard License upon hire if candidate does not already possess valid NYS Security Guard License;
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing requirements for Security Officers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of or ability to learn security operations and procedures;
- Ability to follow directions as instructed by supervisors or managers;
- Ability to communicate effectively in written, oral, or diagrammatic form;
- Ability to be an effective team member;
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances;
- Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment and organization;
- Ability to write logs and reports on a regular basis;
- Ability to provide high quality customer service;
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures;
- Ability to maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations;
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- May be exposed to stressful situations, such as challenging individuals who are in or approaching an unauthorized area;
- May be required to work overtime with or without advanced notice;
- Frequent standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time;
- Frequent lifting and/or crouching and/or moving up to 50 pounds;
- Depending upon assignment may be exposed to inclement weather or be required to work in environments or under conditions that require the use of protective gear and devices and/or awareness of personal safety and safety of others;
- May be exposed to or required to handle sensitive and confidential information.