SPECIAL OPERATIONS AGENT
|Title:||SPECIAL OPERATIONS AGENT|
DescriptionSpecial Operations Agent
Location: BUSH INTERCONTINENTAL AIRPORT(IAH) & Various locations in Houston area
Job Type: Per Diem/On-call
The position of Specialized Security Agent provides individuals the opportunity to work in a fast paced environment in exciting and high profile movements. Agents are provided the responsibility of overseeing high value assets movements while performing a variety of roles in the operation.
Job Assignments will include, but are not limited to:
- Hi Value Cargo Security- This is Mobile and Static oversight of items of extreme high net value and worthy of a dedicated security officer overseeing the integrity of the shipment at all times.
- Escort Security- This is the Mobile escort of persons and individuals in public and non public access areas.
- VIP Security Assistance- This requires agents to provide foot escorts for individuals deemed “VIP” in specific areas of airports and non public areas.
- Aircraft Security- Agents will often be tasked with assisting in ensuring the security integrity of VIP and Diplomatic aircraft are secured at all times.
- Event Security- Agents are provided the opportunity to work various special events that require a high caliber Agent to oversee aspects of the security needs.
- Close Protection- Agents will work with the Special Operations Department Protection Agents in various roles often assisting with Close Protection Details and various responsibilities to ensure the operations are carried out successfully.
- Private Security Screenings- Agents will screen passengers and luggage for VIP clients flying out of FBO's
- Legally eligible to work in the United States;
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.;
- Must be able to pass a 10 year verifiable background check, including criminal, employment, education, and personal references;
- Must possess clean and valid State issued Driver’s License
- Must be able to pass a Security Threat Assessment as administered by the Transportation Security Administration;
- Must be able to pass a Security Background Check as administered by U.S. Customs and Border Patrol;
- Must be able to pass a Security Background Check and Training as administered by the Houston Airport Authorities;
- Must be able to pass all initial training classes and exams;
- Must be in possession of a valid Non-Commissioned Security license
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing requirements for Security Officers.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn security operations and procedures;
- Ability to follow directions as instructed by supervisors or managers;
- Ability to communicate effectively in written, oral, or diagrammatic form;
- Ability to be an effective team member;
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances;
- Courteous telephone manner;
- Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment and organization;
- Ability to write logs and reports on a regular basis;
- Ability to provide high quality customer service;
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures;
- Ability to maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Will be exposed to stressful situations, such as challenging individuals who are in or approaching an unauthorized area;
- May be required to work overtime with or without advanced notice;
- Frequent standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time;
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 70 pounds;
- May be required to use vehicle in the performance of duties;
- Depending upon assignment may be exposed to inclement weather or be required to work in environments or under conditions that require the use of protective gear and devices and/or awareness of personal safety and safety of others;
- May be exposed to or required to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Individuals selected for this position will be working alongside State and national Law Enforcement Agencies on a regular basis. All applicable law and requirements for working in accordance with them must be upheld at all times. More explanation can be provided upon request.
- During operations, agents will train and operate alongside foreign diplomats, heads of state, VIP's, and other recognizable public figures. This will require individuals to maintain sensitive security information without disclosure to any unauthorized persons. The integrity of this information is extremely important and if breached, is punishable by all applicable state and federal statutes.
License B 16775