|Title:||Aviation Operations Officer (AVSEC)|
EIN # 20 4648154
NYS UI #4772662
825 E Gate Blvd Suite 301
Garden City, NY 11530
JOB TITLE: Aviation Operations Officer (Aviation Security)
LOCATION: Vary between Garden City, NY, JFK Airport, and EWR Airport.
SALARY: TBD-Commensurate with experience
HOURS: Full Time. Flexible schedule required. Weekend and evening work REQUIRED.
BENEFITS: Medical, Dental, Vision, Vacation Time, 401K
JOB DESCRIPTION: Position will report to the Vice President of Aviation Operations.
The Aviation Operations Officer will assist the Vice President of Operations and Director of
Training with overall Aviation Security (AVSEC) operations. Ideal candidate will have prior
airport or airline experience.
Duties are to include the following, but are not limited to:
• Assist Aviation Operations in delivering and maintaining superior service and
ensuring a differentiated level of customer service for our clients.
• Assist with internal quality audits of station operations to identify potential
weaknesses or problems related to beach of policies and/or regulation.
• Assist with the development of AVSEC training programs.
• Review station’s operational performance and maintain reports and statistics.
• Work with station operations and administration to ensure compliance with all
local/state/federal regulatory security requirements.
• Make recommendations for means of increasing phyiscal security performance.
• Assist with station and client start up management.
• Act as a liasion between station management and Headquarters staff
• Aid in the development of company security policies
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat
• Excellent Web Research Skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Self starter who can work without direct supervision
• Bilingual preferred
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Culturally diversified
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
• 10+ years of airport, airline or aviation security experience
• 10+ years of managerial experience with an airline
• Experience working in a high volume operation
• Working knowledge of Federal Government security policies and procedures (Dept
of Homeland Security)
• Working knowledge of all applicable FAA, OSHA, PANY&NJ, environmental, and
airline specific safety regulations and requirements
• Travel required as needed, both domestic and international (on rare occassion) with
• Computer skills: Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Share Point.
• Willing to work additional hours in the event of an emergency
• Willing to work in the field as needed.
• Able to work weekend and evenings
• Must possess valid NYS Driver License
• Will be required to obtain NYS Security License
• Ability to maintain client relationships
• Willingness to attend airport security meetings
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION:
• Bachelor Degree Required in a related field
• AVSEC Orientation Training
• AVSEC Training
• AVSEC Auditing
• HAZMAT Training
• AVSEC Computer Based Training
• Cargo & Passenger Training