P/T Aviation Security Agent (IAH)
|Title:||P/T Aviation Security Agent (IAH)|
JOB DESCRIPTION: Working in conjunction with local airline, and governmental agencies, Aviation Security Agents provide a safety & security presence to our client airlines at local airports. Positions include Passenger Verification Agent, Access Control Guards, Ramp Security Agents, Baggage Security Agent, and Catering Security Agents.
Each position requires
- employees to be vigilant of their surroundings;
- attention to detail, ability to work in noisy environments;
- ability to work non-standard shifts and
- possession of valid state security guard license.
Positions are located both inside the terminal and outside on Airport Ramp. Potential employee’s should be made aware that they may be required to work outside in non-ideal weather conditions i.e. Rain, Snow, Wind, and extreme temperature including cold & heat.
There are a number of different areas of the airport we provide security services including:
Aircraft Access Control:
- Ensure Airline is in compliance with local and federal regulations by providing access control & screening measures while aircraft is on the ground.
Aircraft Ramp Access Control:
- Ensure airline is in compliance with local and federal regulations by providing access control & safety oversight while aircraft is on the ground
Aircraft Search Agents:
- Ensure airline is in compliance with all local and federal regulations with the use of search techniques
Baggage Security Agents:
- Conduct surveillance of bag room & baggage make up area to ensure no baggage is stolen or pilfered. Ensure airline is in compliance with all local and federal regulations.
Catering Security Agents:
- Provide Security surveillance at the catering kitchen, ensuring all catering equipment is not tampered with.
Passenger Verification Agents:
- The responsibility of the Verification Agents is to conduct primary passenger and document verification at the check-in. The purpose of verification is to ensure that passengers are in possession of valid tickets and travel documentation for their intended destination. Passenger Verification Agents may be required to perform other passenger service activities and have knowledge of computers.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States;
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.;
- Must be able to pass a 10 year verifiable background check, including criminal, employment, education, and personal references;
- Must possess valid State issued Driver’s License OR a valid State Issued I.D. card;
- Must be able to pass a Security Threat Assessment as administered by the Transportation Security Administration;
- Must be able to pass a Security Background Check as administered by U.S. Customs and Border Patrol;
- Must be able to pass a Security Background Check and Training as administered by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey;
- Must be able to pass all initial training classes and exams;
- Must be willing to apply for Texas Non-Comissioned Security Guard License upon hire if candidate does not already possess valid Texas Non-Comissioned Security Guard License;
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing requirements for Security Officers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of or ability to learn security operations and procedures;
- Ability to follow directions as instructed by supervisors or managers;
- Ability to communicate effectively in written, oral, or diagrammatic form;
- Ability to be an effective team member;
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances;
- Courteous telephone manner;
- Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment and organization;
- Ability to write logs and reports on a regular basis;
- Ability to provide high quality customer service;
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures;
- Ability to maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands):
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- May be exposed to stressful situations, such as challenging individuals who are in or approaching an unauthorized area;
- May be required to work overtime with or without advanced notice;
- Frequent standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time;
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 50 lbs;
- May be required to use vehicle in the performance of duties;
- Depending upon assignment may be exposed to inclement weather or be required to work in environments or under conditions that require the use of protective gear and devices and/or awareness of personal safety and safety of others;
- May be exposed to or required to handle sensitive and confidential information.
License #: B16775
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications