Cross Utilized Security Agent (IAH)
|Title:||Cross Utilized Security Agent (IAH)|
DescriptionCross Utilized Security Agent
Job Type: Part-time
Compensation: Competitive Hourly Wage (airport ops) & Shift Pay (screenings)
Location: IAH Airport and Surrounding Area
Global Security is a boutique security company specializing in Aviation Security. With over 10 years in the industry, Global is continuing to grow exponentially through its exceptional customer service and meticulous attention to detail. Global prides itself on being in the top among the aviation security industry, and it’s all thanks to the dedication and hard work put in each day from our elite team of agents. We welcome you to apply to become a member of our ever growing team!
Cross Utilized Security Agents provide security to our clients at local airports and venues in the Houston, TX area. The position is a combination of airport operations, and private screenings. Working in conjunction with airline and government agencies, the main priority of each position is to ensure that our clients are in compliance with local and federal regulations in respect to each of the following:
- Aircraft Access Control: by assuring that only authorized personnel enter the aircraft while on the ground.
- Aircraft Ramp Access Control: by providing AOA access control & safety oversight while aircraft is on the ground
- Aircraft Search: by meticulously searching all areas of the aircraft according to company, and federal regulations to ensure the safety of travelers pre-departure.
- Baggage Security: by surveillance of bag room & baggage make up area to ensure no baggage is stolen or pilfered.
- Catering Security: by providing surveillance at the catering kitchen, searching all catering equipment, and ensuring that nothing is tampered with in transit from the facilities to aircraft.
- Passenger Verification: by providing exemplary customer service in airport terminal while making sure that all passengers have valid identification and are authorized to board flights
- BST Agent: Provide screenings at local FBOs and venues to private VIP clients
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Upon hire, must provide proof of citizenship, permanent residency, or valid work authorization in the US
- Ability to effectively speak, write, and understand the English language
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.;
- Must be able to pass a 10 year verifiable background check, including criminal, employment, education, and personal references;
- Must be willing to take and pass a pre-employment drug test
- Must possess valid IDs required by overruling airport authorities in order to obtain SIDA badge;
- Must be able to pass a Security Threat Assessment as administered by the Transportation Security Administration; Security Background check as administered by the US Customs and Border Patrol; and any other background checks and training (initial and recurring) as administered by overruling airport authorities
- Must be able to pass all initial and recurrent training classes and exams as administered by Global Security;
- Access to both a telephone and computer in working order
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
- Must possess, or be willing to obtain pre-employment, a valid state security guard license, and maintain its validity throughout the course of employment
- Must successfully obtain, and maintain a valid SIDA badge as required to perform job duties at the airport
- Must be able to successfully pass all BST classes including HHMD and Walk-Through training
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to learn security operations and procedures on Federal, and Company levels;
- Ability to follow directions as instructed by supervisors or managers;
- Ability to work as, and be an effective team member;
- Great record keeping skills, as daily logs and reports are frequently required;
- Exceptional customer service skills;
- Good interpersonal skills, with the capability to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures;
- Knowledge of cultural faux-pas and ability to maintain proper etiquette amongst all clients, co-workers, and general public, even during pressing or unusual circumstances
- Ability to act in an authoritative, but respectful manner in confrontational situations such as challenging an unidentified individual in a SIDA area
- Ability to maintain confidentiality as required by job task
WORKING CONDITIONS: (Physical/Mental Demands):
- With or without reasonable accommodation, this job requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions.
- Though we try our best to accommodate all scheduling conflicts, applicants must have schedule flexibility as short notice changes may be made;
- Overtime may be required with or without notice
- Frequent standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time;
- May require frequent lifting, bending, and/or moving up to 55 pounds;
- May be required to use vehicle in the performance of duties;
- Exposure to inclement weather or be required to work in environments or under conditions that require the use of protective gear and devices and/or awareness of personal safety and safety of others;
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Comprehensive On-the-Job-Training to ensure you have everything you need to successfully perform daily job functions
- Gateway into the Aviation Security industry for those looking for a long term career path
- Opportunity for advancement
- Low rate indemnity insurance plans through Aflac
- Low rates on whole life insurance policies through Metlife
- Substantial corporate discounts on thousands of merchants
- Banking benefits and free check cashing!
GLOBAL SECURITY IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THAT ALSO SUPPORTS THE EMPLOYMENT OF MILITARY VETERANS!
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications