Event Security Staff
Location: Old Westbury, NY
Job Type: Temporary
Wage: $13 Per Hour
Event Dates: 8/22-8/28
Global Security is looking for qualified security agents to work the Northern Trust PGA Tour golfing event in Old Westbury, NY from August 22nd - August 28th, 2017. Qualified applicants must possess a security guard license. Must have clean background and reliable transportation. Those hired for this event will also have the opportunity to stay on our roster for future events in the area.
Those hired for this event will also have the opportunity to stay on our roster for future events in the area.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States;
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.;
- Must be able to pass a 10 year verifiable background check, including criminal, employment, education, and personal references;
- Must be in possession of a valid State Security license;
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing requirements for Security Officers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of or ability to learn security operations and procedures;
- Ability to follow directions as instructed by supervisors or managers;
- Ability to communicate effectively in written, oral, or diagrammatic form;
- Ability to be an effective team member;
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances;
- Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment and organization;
- Ability to provide high quality customer service;
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures;
- Ability to maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands):
- May be required to work overtime;
- This will be an outdoor event, which will require all staff hired to work in outdoor conditions ONLY
- Will be exposed to stressful situations, such as challenging individuals who are in or approaching an unauthorized area;
- Frequent standing and walking, will be required for 8+ hours at a time;
- Depending upon assignment may be exposed to inclement weather or be required to work in environments or under conditions that require the use of protective gear and devices and/or awareness of personal safety and safety of others;
- May be exposed to or required to handle sensitive and confidential information